Rectangle-shaped body types are more athletic and have more of a rectangle shape. Your waist is less curvy and more on the straight side. Your shoulder and bust are pretty even to your waist size.
What to wear:
Cute scoop necks, v- necks or sweetheart necklines will look great on a rectangle body shape, mostly tops with an open neckline giving attention to your collar bones. Peplum tops are a great idea to accentuate your waistline giving more of an hourglass look. Slightly flared jeans will give you a more balanced look, high waisted or mid-rise jeans (if you have a shorter torso) for longer legs. For dresses, stick to a more fit and flare, fitted at the waist and flared out at the skirt, shift dresses are also great, showing off and elongating your legs. Puff sleeve dresses are a great idea that is belted with a flared skirt are a great idea and will give you that curvy dimension and curves.
Stay away from:
- loosely fitted outfits.
- ruffles and frilly tops and dresses.
- boxy jackets.
My picks for tops:
Create the illusion of a waist …
- Destini White and Red Polka Dot Wrap Top - Lulus
- Price: $40.00
- Yes Breeze Red Floral Print Puff Sleeve Top - Lulus
- Price: $46.00
- Truly Cherished Black Swiss Dot Puff Sleeve Top - Lulus
- Price: $44.00
- Talk That Talk Black Knit Boat Neck Sweater Top - Lulus
- Price: $49.00
Dresses and bottoms:
Stick to dresses that will give you a bit of a curve or concentrate on your legs like a good fit n' flared dresses or shift dresses. With bottoms, a bit of a flare will create balance!
- Moment's Notice Washed Black Midi Shift Dress - Lulus
- Price: $39.00
- Sassy Sweetheart Navy Blue Shift Dress - Lulus
- Price: $44.00
- Ribcage Black High Rise Cropped Flare Jeans - Lulus
- Price: $98.00
- Janet Dark Wash High-Rise Flare Jeans - Lulus
- Price: $89.00
Linda aka Looloo ;)